Christmas markets have become a popular way to begin the countdown to Christmas all over Europe and have grown in size and scope across the UK’s towns and cities.
They have also become a useful way for local authorities to attract footfall in urban centres to help support both the daytime and night-time economies in the critical weeks leading up to Christmas.
But with the crowds and excitement of Christmas markets comes risk. The Christmas market in Berlin was the target for a vehicle as a weapon attack in December 2016 and, tragically, 12 people lost their lives, while a further 56 were seriously injured.
Our goal is to help organisers of Christmas markets mitigate the risk of vehicle as a weapon attacks and other safety and security concerns, while enabling them to ensure people can enjoy the event in a safe and welcoming environment.
The temporary hostile vehicle mitigation solutions and event barrier systems best suited to your Christmas market will depend on the layout and location of the event and our experts can work with you to agree the most effective combination of measures. Our goal is to provide a pedestrian permeable solution that makes it easier for people to enter and leave the Christmas market, while providing safe crowd control and perimeter protection.
Our systems can include vehicle access points for stall holders to bring stock to site and for emergency vehicles. They can even provide opportunities for Christmas messages, wayfinding, information or advertising.
And, of course, our surface mounted security systems ensure rapid deployment and zero damage to road or pavement surfaces following removal.
Our event safety and crowd management solutions for Christmas markets include:
- ATG Surface Guard – the award-winning, pedestrian permeable and aesthetically pleasing surface-mounted HVM system
- Rapid Defender – a temporary vehicle security barrier designed by Rosehill and manufactured from 100% rubber
- The Claw – a surface mounted drop and go barrier, which can be customised with company logos, branding or sponsorship
- Impakt Defender – an IWA14-rated vehicle security barrier (VSB) made from 100% recycled rubber bonded with polyurethane for strength
- FenceSafe temporary fencing systems – rapid deployment, surface mounted fencing systems developed by CLD Fencing Systems, the UK’s largest manufacturer and supplier of rigid mesh fencing systems and security gates
- FenceSafe Hoard – a next generation sustainable and secure hoarding, manufactured from a highly durable composite recycled plastic sectional profile, which includes vehicle and pedestrian gate options
- FenceSafe Gates – to enable pedestrian or vehicle access as part of a FenceSafe temporary fencing installation
- FenceSafe Turnstiles – a crowd management solution for pedestrian access as part of a FenceSafe temporary fencing installation
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Our experts can advise you on the right solutions for any event anywhere in the UK. Contact us on 0161 507 3434 to find out more.
Find out how we can help with your Christmas market event safety.