Public Realm Safety with Flexible Pedestrianisation and Outdoor Dining Solutions
Our towns and cities are changing. As local authorities, town planners and policy makers grapple with the dual challenges of reducing traffic and encouraging footfall in our urban centres, there is one clear and appealing answer: pedestrianisation.
What is Pedestrianisation?
Pedestrianisation refers to the designation of any space for pedestrians only. This can be achieved on a permanent or temporary basis and our surface mounted public realm protection systems provide a flexible approach to enabling pedestrian-only access while allowing vehicles at designated locations and times if required. Our systems are designed for use on almost any surface and provide aesthetically pleasing public realm protection that can be branded or customised with wayfinding, advertising or information.
Solutions for any pedestrianisation and public realm requirement
You may be looking for a solution that provides pedestrian permeable access to existing pedestrianised spaces while protecting people from vehicle as a weapon (VAW) attacks and ensuring vehicles do not attempt to drive in these locations.
Or perhaps you need to pedestrianise road areas in anticipation of public realm improvements or as part of a feasibility study for new traffic management and pedestrianisation proposals.
Maybe you’re looking for a public realm protection system that will enable you to implement pedestrianisation of certain roads at specific times of day with pedestrian safety barriers that can allow vehicle access between designated hours.
Whatever your requirements, at Crowdguard we have the range of pedestrian safety barriers and public realm protection systems needed to tailor a solution to your location and your pedestrianisation strategy.
Our pedestrian safety barriers for pedestrianised areas and public realm spaces include:
- ATG Surface Guard – the award-winning, pedestrian permeable and aesthetically pleasing surface-mounted HVM system
- Rapid Defender – a temporary vehicle security barrier designed by Rosehill and manufactured from 100% rubber
- The Claw – a surface mounted drop and go barrier, which can be customised with company logos, branding or sponsorship
- Impakt Defender – an IWA14-rated vehicle security barrier (VSB) made from 100% recycled rubber bonded with polyurethane for strength
- FenceSafe temporary fencing systems – rapid deployment, surface mounted fencing systems developed by CLD Fencing Systems, the UK’s largest manufacturer and supplier of rigid mesh fencing systems and security gates
- FenceSafe Hoard – a next generation sustainable and secure hoarding, manufactured from a highly durable composite recycled plastic sectional profile, which includes vehicle and pedestrian gate options
- FenceSafe Gates – to enable pedestrian or vehicle access as part of a FenceSafe temporary fencing installation
- FenceSafe Turnstiles – a crowd management solution for pedestrian access as part of a FenceSafe temporary fencing installation
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Our experts can advise you on the right solutions for any event anywhere in the UK. Contact us on 0161 507 3434 to find out more.
Find out how we can help with Public Realm, pedestrianisation & outside dining protection .